Teaches about technology as a content area;
- Is concerned with the broad spectrum of technology (how humans have designed and innovated the natural world);
- Its primary goal: Technological literacy for everyone;
- is the content for the study of technology as described by the standards for technological literacy;
- Includes technological literacy studies and involves teaching around a context rich theme, technology;
- Is designing, developing, and utilizing technological systems;
- Is open-ended, problem-based design activities;
- Includes cognitive, manipulative, and affective learning strategies;
- Applies technological knowledge and processes to real world experiences using up-to-date resources;
- Includes working individually as well as in a team to solve problems.
- Provides career exploration and awareness opportunities.
-Joseph A. Scarcella Ph.D.